Monday, December 28, 2009

Across the Pond...

The day after Parents' Night, I headed back to the States for a few months of hard work and fundraising.  Dollars for Change was the recipient charity for Greendrinks, a networking/fundraising group that holds one event per month at different venues, benefitting different charities.  November's Greendrinks was hosted by Grace, a restaurant in Portand, Maine owned an operated by my sister, Anne.  The event raised over $500 for DFC.

Ian Pitchforth, who attended Greendrinks, approached me about having a holiday fundraiser for Dollars for Change.  The event was exactly the kind of fundraiser that Dollars for Change loves - a potluck gathering where everyone chips in some money for a good cause - what better way to have a holiday party?!  A special thanks to all who attended, and especially Ian, who organized and hosted the event - it was wonderful to meet all of you and I greatly appreciate your support for DFC!






























I'm also very fortunate to report that my plane ticket back to South Africa was donated AGAIN, and that Dollars for Change received grants from both The Verrill Foundation and The Heyman Family Fund.