Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thank You, Grace

When I go back to the States to fundraise, I stay with my sister, Anne, who owns the greatest restaurant in Portland, Maine - Grace.  She has always supported me with everything I do, and was generous enough to help me host a fundraiser benefitting Dollars for Change and another organization, Friends of Kayanet Education Center, which was started by a good friend of mine.  Anne's Event Manager at Grace, Sabin, worked non-stop to help me organize a silent auction, and their entire staff chipped in by asking around the city for silent auction items.  Grace's Manager, Kate, donated her time to run the event with us.  There was live music, appetizers, and cocktails, and we raised over $5,000 that night!  I could not have done it without everyone's help and I greatly appreciate their efforts.  Thank you to my sister and the entire staff at Grace!  If you are in Portland, Maine, you must eat at Grace - tell them Dollars for Change sent you.